Saturday, 27 February 2010

Nearly...

Don't laugh. I'm still at it. I was strongly advised by my illustrious author friend that now is the time to take the time and be meticulous about every aspect of my novel submission because if it does get picked up, I won't have the luxury of time again.

That's a very encouraging thing for me to hear. True, my pride and joy might get thrown on the slush pile but it's nice to have the support of someone in the field. In fact, I have the support of two successful (that means money earning) authors!

How can I not do my very best? Everything has to be picked over. Why that comma? Have I indented everything correctly? Is the paper in the printer straight? Why does he/she say that? What's the point of describing her shoes/bathroom cabinet/coffin? Will the reader want to turn the page? Then the next page...

Trust me, I'm not prevaricating! The champagne is in the fridge. That's just for posting it. I'm a strong believer in rewarding effort.

8 comments:

  1. I think you're doing the right thing by checking and rechecking now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I do wonder if I am just going all round the houses and if I was clearer in my thinking to start with I wouldn't be doing this!

    How do you manage to keep up such a vibrant and interesting blog? I am very impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it. It's a tedious task but so important. I got to the stage though where I was taking out a comma in the morning and replacing it in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nearly at that stage but not quite, Jean! Life keeps getting in the way though. But soon...soon! I keep eyeing the champagne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write.
    The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe.
    Always go after your heart.

    Check out my web site: blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete