Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Go skating!

Are you sitting comfortably? Then hop over to http://www.womanandhome.com/articles/travelandentertainment/shortstories/435094/city-break.html and you can read my short story that made it to the shortlist for the Woman and Home competition.

It's about love, art, travel and shoes with kitten heels.
Oh, and the chap in the painting on the left. In a moment of serendipity I found his picture on the web when I was researching Edinburgh galleries. You can read how important he is to the story and yet, I had written a goodly amount before he turned up.

If I'd have been really clever I would have thought about including something topical. I see the winner has written a story about the effects of redundancy on a relationship. Note to self: pay attention to outside world!


Janet came to my class for a couple of terms last year. Not that she needed me, but I might as well have a little reflected glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment