Monday, 23 November 2009

Next?

I've put my first chapter and synopsis in the post so, at last, I can stop thinking about that novel for a minute or two.

Next?

I have half a short story written which I would like to return to especially as I have nearly finished reading the amazing Short Circuit: A Guide to the Art of the Short Story.
I can't recommend it highly enough. In fact, I will certainly steal from the ideas and exercises. Each chapter is written by a different prize winning author and they all teach Creative Writing, so are excellent communicators. There's a little list of their own favourite stories at the end of each chapter too and space for notes at the back. It's a great textbook but is so interesting and readable that I'm practically walking round with it.

Best of all, it makes me want to flex my writing muscles. So...


No comments:

Post a Comment