Monday, 13 July 2009

No news is bad news

I'm feeling very grumpy about not winning the competition. Third time I've been shortlisted and still no win. Sigh. What was worse was knowing the day the story was being judged, waiting for the call and then, no call at all! Horrid.

But hey, what an ungrateful person I am. Yes, I am. I had a Macbook Air in my sights too.

Interesting how the language has changed over the years. In 2005, I was a runner-up, last year I was a finalist, this year I am shortlisted. Next year...?

Now I really am pushing my luck!


2 comments:

  1. Bad luck, Cathie. Your stories are very good! Maybe it's not quite the right forum for them? Do not despair..

    I haven't forgotten your request for SF/fantasy recommendations, but I'm away from home at the moment. Meanwhile, anything by Ursula Le Guin, of course. 'The left hand of darkness' is one of my favourites.

    See you soon xxx Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's very sweet of you, Su. I shall certainly not despair. In fact, I am thinking of looking for a competition where the prize is a bookcase. I have accrued a great manner via this competition!

    I like Ursula Le Guin a great deal. Not so much the later Earthsea books though. Left Hand is a classic.

    ReplyDelete